Avera CHAPLAIN in Mitchell, South Dakota
SUMMARY: The Chaplain has primary responsibility for assessment of resident/family/staff spiritual needs and facilitates and provides these services in accordance with Avera Mission and Values. S/he provides spiritual counsel, guidance, and pastoral care for residents, families and staff. Assists persons to understand how life's events relate to spiritual and emotional well-being.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
· Master's degree in Theology, Pastoral Ministry, or related field.
· One year of pastoral experience in a health care institution preferred.
· Two units of Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE) or combination of pastoral experience in health care and CPE required. Four units preferred.
· Proof of Ordination, licensure. or letter of support/endorsement from a local church/ /denomination/religious order.
CERTIFICATION, LICENSURE, and/or REGISTRATIONS:
· Certification in National Association of Catholic Chaplains (NACC) or Association of Professional Chaplains (APC) is preferred.