Cabela's Lead ATV Sales in Mitchell, South Dakota
Position summary: Under the supervision of the GSM - Marine provides daily assistance and execution of the following: merchandise presentation, inventory control, pricing, sales enhancements, customer service activities. Performs various Selling / Customer Service activities to assist ATV and Boat Customers in making informed buying decisions.
1) Supports a strong commitment to world class customer service and insures a pleasant and productive shopping experience for all customers
2) Engages all customers entering the department in a friendly and timely manner.
3) Supports GSM in achievement of Sales, Gross Margin, Inventory Shrinkage and Payroll Goals
4) Provides daily leadership, direction, and motivation to the associates within the Department
5) Prepares To-do / Task lists & Follow-up appropriately
6) Primary focus will be to meet with all potential atv/utv customers to determine their product needs. Provide information necessary to allow the customer to make an informed buying decision. The responsibility of the Lead ATV Sales Consultant to engage and assist potential atv customers will be first and foremost, as the assistance of a potential boat customer should only take place in the absence or availability of a Boat Sales Consultant.
7) Maintains current product knowledge by using available resources, i.e., product brochures, Internet and product information training meetings
8) Maintains awareness of advertised items, current pricing structures and promotions
9) Remains current on & adheres to all selling skills training & direction. Including all atv/utv brand training as well as Tracker Way Certification and yearly re-certification.
10) Works cooperatively with the Service Department to see that delivery to the customer is seamless
11) Maintains complete confidentiality of all sensitive & personal information
12) Prepares the showroom each morning to ensure proper signage is in place per established presentation standards and all products are clean, presentable and in sellable condition. The integrity and cleanliness of the product will be maintained throughout the day.
13) Generates and manages leads & prospects in provided Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tool on a daily basis, specifically entering new customers and conducting and documenting follow up activities and daily tasks with customers before and after the sale. Assists all Sales Consultants with training and application of dealership CRM.
14) Resolves customer and associate opportunities with GSM and HR Manager
15) Assists the GSM with: coordination of all “Special Events”; sales books, showroom pricing and other resources; determining proper assortments; accuracy of inventory; proper display, signing and pricing of all advertised items, integrity of on-line inventory
16) Assists the GSM in carrying out Supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the Company’s policies and applicable laws, including: interviewing; training; planning; assigning and directing work; measuring and evaluating performance; addressing complaints and resolving problems; maintaining a positive, harassment free working environment for all associates
17) Meets and exceeds pre-determined individual monthly sales goals which will be based off of employment status (Full Time or Part Time), hours and days scheduled, length of employment, historical sales, etc. Achieving company sales goals on a monthly basis is required. Assists all sales consultants in the department with selling process to help meet and exceed individual and company monthly sales goals.
18) Maintains a clean and professional work area
19) Follows all Company Policies and Procedures.
Education and/or Experience
High School education or equivalent experience
2-3 years of Supervisory experience preferably in a Retail or Sales environment
Mathematical Skills / Reasoning Ability
Basic math skills including the ability to calculate figures such as discounts and percentages
Ability to read and analyze certain reports
Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from Managers, associates, customers and the general public
Ability to conduct meetings and make presentations to small groups
Able to lift up to 50 pounds & to stand for extended periods
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Proficiency with PC-based word processing, spreadsheets, data based management and electronic point of sale and inventory management systems.
Ability to operate dealer management system
Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills
Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, associates & customers
Other duties, assignments and responsibilities as needed
About Bass Pro Shops
Bass Pro Shops at http://www.basspro.com/ is North America’s premier outdoor and conservation company. Founded in 1972 when avid young angler Johnny Morris began selling tackle out of his father’s liquor store in Springfield, Missouri, today the company provides customers with unmatched offerings spanning premier destination retail, outdoor equipment manufacturing, world-class resort destinations and more. In 2017 Bass Pro Shops joined forces with Cabela’s at http://www.cabelas.com/ to create a “best-of-the-best” experience with superior products, dynamic locations and outstanding customer service. Bass Pro Shops also operates White River Marine Group at http://www.whiterivermg.com/ , offering an unsurpassed collection of industry-leading boat brands, and Big Cedar Lodge at http://www.bigcedar.com/ , America’s Premier Wilderness Resort. Under the visionary conservation leadership of Johnny Morris, Bass Pro Shops is a national leader in protecting habitat and introducing families to the outdoors and has been named by Forbes as “one of America’s Best Employers.”